Monday, May 17, 2010

Table Number Fun


If you saw my previous centerpiece post, you know that I am trying to use DIY record bowls as the basis for my centerpiece. This can quite easily go into ticky-tacky-kindergarten-craft-land. So in an attempt to make the tables look cohesive, I've decided to use 45s with DVD labels as my table numbers.

I thought this was a brilliant idea until I realized a) the DVD labels covered too much of the record and I'd have to somehow slice out the center to match the 45 and b) the memo clip holders I bought to hold the table numbers work great for paper but not for something as heavy as a small record.

I scrounged around and using the magic of nail scissors I was able to slice the center of the DVD labels without tearing the labels. And by pulling the metal clip part of a binder clip out, I was able to make a stand for the 45 that looks super incognito.

Now I have a cohesive table setting! Or at least the beginnings of one...

No comments:

Post a Comment