Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sometimes DIY Ends in Disaster

I was doing so well on not spending in excess of our budget until today when two things happened to mini-blow the budget:

1. My uber-mellow fiancee decided that he really did want to get a new suit for the wedding. Mainly the Hugo Boss suit that "felt like butter" that he tried on last August for my cousin's wedding (as at that time he did not own a suit at all) and that he's been talking about like a toddler and a tricycle for the last 10 months. He never wants anything, except perhaps the latest version of Fall Out. I cannot deny the man a nice couple of threads for his wedding day.

2. My DIY experiment of creating the seating chart turned into a Holly Hobby fail. The fabric I used to cover the tackboard was too stiff and wouldn't stay taut; the ribbon kept sliding sideways and creating the illusion that I was drunk when I wrapped it around the board; the thick-papered list of guests and "seating chart" label I carefully printed and sliced were glued via spray adhesive (TERRIBLE stuff to control) and looked a touch like a semi-trained chimp with poor spatial distinction had at it. All in all, the thing looks a little short-bus.

Thankfully, I was able to find this fantastic site www.ticketprinting.com which custom-prints tickets for your events. I left the middle portion blank (where it lists the location) and will be filling that in by hand with the Table Number.

Extra thankfully, my bestie works in theatrical booking & production and is able to snag me envelopes for each of the tickets, so I can print labels (instead of handwriting MORE names) and place the ticket inside the labeled envelope. Winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment